Wednesday, 14 December 2011

A Plant Named Glee

In San Francisco, in 2007, (before the TV show called Glee) I sat down in a chair next to a side table with a little plant in Starbucks to have some lunch and thought to myself, "what a beautiful plant."  I then heard in my mind, "Thank you."  I had just discovered that I could talk to dolphins in my mind so I thought - why not a plant?

"What's your name?" I said in my mind.  The little multicoloured plant tried to tell me it's Latin plant species name.  I interrupted and said, "no, I mean what is your name?".  I got a puzzled response so I explained that names are unique to each individual.

So I asked what it would name itself and the plant said "Glee!!!".  I said, "What a happy name."  Glee then asked me what my name was.  I said, "Janine" and Glee asked if it was a happy name.  I was feeling a little down that day so I said it was a little sad but an adventurous name.  Glee asked, "Why sad?" and I said it was because I could not help everyone.

Glee then showed me an image of how all plants and trees are interconnected; that if you help one plant or tree, you help all of them.  The message was that we are all connected and helping yourself and those in your life can help everyone and everything.

1 comment: